Rumi on marriage
May these vows and this marriage be blessed.
May it be sweet milk,
this marriage, like drink and halvah.
May this marriage offer fruit and shade
like the date palm.
May this marriage be full of laughter,
your every day a day in paradise.
May this marriage be a sign of compassion,
a seal of happiness here and hereafter.
May this marriage have a fair face and a good name,
an omen as welcome
as the moon in a clear blue sky....
I am out of words to describe
how spirit mingles in this marriage.
quoted in: The Rumi Collection, Furuzanfar #2667, edited by Helminski, Kabir (2000). See also: Islam from inside. More from Rumi on Wedding
Mowlana Jalaluddin Rumi
Date of birth: September 30, 1207
Date of death: December 17, 1273
Profession: Writer, Philosopher
Appears in: I Made My Boy Out of Poetry, ...
Children: Sultan Walad, Ala al-Din Muhammad
Place of birth: Balkh
- 1 in 4 women disliked their marriage proposals: survey
- 10 Tips on how to be a successful Muslim Husband
- 4 Thoughts Of International Marriage
- 6 Etiquettes of Seeking a Spouse
- A mutual way out of incompatibility
- All About Muslim Marriages
- Attention, affection and appreciation
- Council for The Just Marriage
- Fiqh of the family
- Great Paper on the Status of 'Islamic Dating' Today
- How to find a muslim husband?
- Intimate Aspects of Muslim Marriage (Zawaj)
- Islamic Matrimonial: FAQs
- MARRIAGE IN ISLAM
- Marriage in Islam – Questions and Answers
- Muslim board prefers counselling before divorce
- Muslim Family Counseling - äÇÕÍ ááÓÚÇÏÉ ÇáÃÓÑ...
- Muslim Marriage Guide, by Ruqaiyyah W. Maqsood
- Muslim Marriage Stories: How to stay happily married? Secrets of Happy Married Couples
- Steps for Islamic Marriage
- Survey on Divorce in the Muslim Community
- The Changing Landscape of Muslims in America: A Survey of Interfaith Marriages
- The Etiquettes of Marriage & Wedding by Sheikh al-Albaani
- The Ideal Muslim Woman and Her Husband
- The Problems of Finding a Marriage Partner
- The Prophet's (SAWS) Marriage to Khadijah (RA) by Dr. Ahmed El-Kadi
- Understanding Men And Women
- Wife Abuse in the Muslim Community
- Will you be my (halal) Valentine?